TROLL Resums Only Large-x Logarithms
Threshold resummation of Higgs, Drell-Yan and DIS up to N3LL' accuracy
Author: Marco Bonvini
Developers: Marco Bonvini, Luca Rottoli
TROLL is the successor of ResHiggs, a code originally designed for performing
threshold (soft-gluon) resummation for Higgs production in gluon fusion
up to N3LL'
Now the code includes (resums) the following processes:
This code computes the contribution from the threshold-enhanced terms
due to soft gluon emission up to N3LL' accuracy,
where the prime denotes that we are also including the constant contribution
at order αs3, and can match it to fixed
order up to N3LO.
- (pseudo-)scalar Higgs inclusive cross section in gluon fusion
- (pseudo-)scalar Higgs rapidity distribution in gluon fusion
- Drell-Yan invariant mass distribution
- Drell-Yan doubly-differential rapidity and invariant mass distribution
- inclusive Deep Inelastic Scattering, with Target Mass
corrections at next-to-leading twist
For inclusive Higgs production only, the code can perform the
resummation both in direct QCD (dQCD), or in SCET (see arXiv:1412.3791).
Resummation is provided through "standard" N-soft resummation and
improved ψ-soft resummation; A-soft is also available only for
(for notations, see arXiv:1405.3654).
As the name states clearly, TROLL only provides the contribution from
Resummation, but not the exact Fixed Order: this must be extracted
from other codes. We suggest
An example of an interface with ggHiggs is provided in the tarball.
- ggHiggs for inclusive (pseudo-)scalar Higgs production up to N3LO
- Vrap for Drell-Yan (up to NNLO)
- APFEL for inclusive DIS (up to NNLO);
N3LO DIS available here
Latest version: TROLL v3.3 (recommended)
- 26-09-2020: TROLL v3.3
Exact four-loop cusp anomalous dimension. Compatibility with ggHiggs v4.x
- 07-04-2017: TROLL v3.2
Solved compiling issues.
- 07-03-2016: TROLL v3.1
Compatibility with ggHiggs v3.x (inclusion of the N3LO result). Slightly changed interface (-P and -g options)
New process: Pseudo-scalar Higgs production.
- 25-06-2015: TROLL v3.0
Included DIS process and Drell-Yan process (both invariant mass
distribution and doubly differential rapidity and invariant mass distribution),
and Higgs rapidity distribution.
Target Mass corrections at Next-to-Leading Twist are included in DIS.
ψ-soft resummation now can mimic A-soft even with no exponentiated constants.
Some core improvements. New name. No longer dependent on ggHiggs.
- 10-03-2015: ResHiggs v2.3
Improved user interface. Compatibility with ggHiggs v2.1
- 11-02-2015: ResHiggs v2.2
Corrected a bug affecting the matching of NkLL' with
NjLO for 0<k<j when g0 is exponentiated (dQCD only).
The situation is very unusual, as it affects only NLL'+(N)NNLO
Also fixed a bug in the Makefile.
- 17-12-2014: ResHiggs v2.1
Corrected a bug affecting the N3LL in SCET, originating from a typo in 0809.4283 corrected in v3.
- 12-12-2014: ResHiggs v2.0
Includes SCET resummation (author: Luca Rottoli). Requires ggHiggs 2.0 or higher, and Cuba 4.0.
Resummation is now a virtual class, you should use either QCDResummation or SCETResummation.
- 04-06-2014: ResHiggs v1.2
Now compatible with LHAPDF 6.1.x (and still back-compatible with LHAPDF 5). Requires ggHiggs 1.8 or higher.
- 23-05-2014: ResHiggs v1.1
Fixed a compatibility issue with some compilers related to the definition of a class of name "complex".
- 15-05-2014: ResHiggs v1.0
TROLL depends on the following libraries:
TROLL can be straightforwardly interfaced to ggHiggs.
- LHAPDF - Les Houches Accord PDF interface, either version 5 or version 6 (the latter from ResHiggs v1.2 onwards)
- GSL - Gnu Scientific Libraries
- Cuba 4.x (ResHiggs v1.x requires Cuba 3.0)
When you use the TROLL code, please cite this webpage and at least the
- M. Bonvini, S. Marzani,
Bonvini:2014joa (original publication)
- M. Bonvini, L. Rottoli,
Bonvini:2014tea (SCET part)
- M. Bonvini, S. Marzani, J. Rojo, L. Rottoli, M. Ubiali,
R.D. Ball, V. Bertone, S. Carrazza, N. Hartland,
Bonvini:2015ira (DIS or Drell-Yan)
- M. Bonvini, S. Marzani, C. Muselli, L. Rottoli,
Bonvini:2016frm (proposal for computing uncertainty from missing higher orders using resummation)
- T. Ahmed, M. Bonvini, M.C. Kumar, P. Mathews, N. Rana, V. Ravindran and L. Rottoli,
Ahmed:2016otz (for pseudo-scalar Higgs production)
- M. Bonvini, S. Marzani
Bonvini:2018xvt (for joint large-x + small-x resummation)
For any problem, request or suggestion, contact us
- marco.bonvini [at] ge.infn.it
- luca.rottoli [at] physics.ox.ac.uk